Monday, October 19, 2020

Microfiction

Little Gnomeo

There once was a high school Freshmen student named, Johnny. Johnny was an A+ student who was involved in numbers of extracurricular activities. One day, Johnny and his friend, Ray, were hanging out and were invited to a party that night. Having never drank alcohol before, Johnny was incoherently drunk when the cops showed up to bust the party later that night. Johnny began to run, but was caught up quickly by the police car. When the police officers got out to chase him, he began running around them in a circle in order to avoid them. However, being so drunk, Johnny thought he could hide in a front yard of a house nearby and pose as a garden gnome. Johnny said to the police after crouching down in front of the house, "You can't see me, I'm a gnome.' The cops then tackled Johnny and Johnny was arrested. 

Tweet:

Me being a lifeguard: *Blows whistle* alright everyone out of the pool, I just saw lightning

dude swimming: *continues to swim and pretends not to hear*

Me: hey man get out

dude swimming: *continues to ignore*

...

dude swimming gets fried in the water by lightning


Author's Note:

So the first story may sound bizarre and childish. However, this is a story of how I, myself, got in trouble with the law for the first time in my life back in Freshmen year of high school. It is actually a much longer and funnier story when told in person but since it was a microfiction, I decided to keep the length to a minimum. I actually have been thinking about implementing this story for my next project. I think people will find it interesting and it's sometimes good to read about other people's drunk mistakes. The tweet was thought out when I remembered the times as a lifeguard in high school. Man, were some people just so stubborn. If a lifeguard sees that a storm is coming in and lightnings are all over the sky, then you should probably exit the pool. 

(Image Information: Personal Photo of my roommate, Ben, when I went to visit him at his internship in Houston; photo taken July 2020)



3 comments:

  1. Hey, Taeam!

    I liked your microfictions here! I think that the first one resonated with me a lot better because it felt more personal. So, first of all, thank you for sharing that story with us! I'm sure that that is one of those experiences where you look back on it and laugh but that it's not so funny at the time of incidence. The tweet was also humorous, because some people really will suffer consequences from the stupidity of their actions. It's the way of life, I suppose.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taeam, I respect your vulnerability with the first microfiction and think it was a great way to personalize your page! I also find it easier to write stories that I have lived through because it allows me to realize what I can learn from my mistakes and reflect on the fun experiences I have lived. As college students, we each learn life lessons through our countless mistakes, but that's what makes each of us who we are and I think it's important to look back on those times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Taeam, Your microfiction is awesome! I was loving reading the story, as you told it in a very deadpan yet humorous way, and when I discovered that it was a real story, it only made it more funny. Thank you for sharing that with us! You have a really great party story, and now you can incorporate it into a college class? How cool. The Tweet is, once again, deadpan and hilarious. I think that this is exactly what a lifeguard or any person who works an important job with frustratingly little influence over their patrons feels.

    ReplyDelete