Monday, October 12, 2020

Microfiction


(Image Information: It never gets old. #OUDNA; Photo from Instagram,  @ou_football)

Love goes on, forever

It feels good to move back home after two years. It was the last place I saw her alive, the last place I kissed her goodbye, and the last place I would hear her say, “I love you, T—see ya tonight.” Never did I think those words would come back to haunt me. She died that day of a heart attack shortly after arriving at work.

Tonight, the fireflies came out for the first time this summer. As I planted flowers, a grandpa and his granddaughter walked by on their way to fish at the lake. I guess life goes on with or without us. It’s good to be home.

Tweet

After this weekend, Sam Ehlinger has now lost to four different OU quarterbacks: Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts, and this year, Spencer Rattler. #TexasSucks


Author's Notes:

The first short microfiction was just a made up story after watching an episode of Psych where Juliet almost dies after her and Shawn are trying to solve a case against Mr. Yang. A loss of a loved one is something we all go through and sometime a story involving it is a good story. The tweet comes from after this weekend as OU went down and beat Texas in the Red River Rivalry game. To be completely honest, I had absolutely no expectations from our team this year as we are rebuilding but it is good to know that Texas STILL sucks! 

5 comments:

  1. Them, I love your tweet haha! Go Sooners! Also your story was short and eloquent as it showed the view of someone visiting a place where they experienced great loss. It almost reminds me of Sam Ehlinger and Texas when they visit the Cotton Bowl year after year lol! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Team,
    I really enjoyed reading this micro fiction. I have never seen psych but I really enjoyed this story. I agree that stories about a loved ones being able to be great stories, specifically a loss of loved one can really draw out your readers emotions. Watching the game the other day was actually really stressful and I can agree I did not have many expectations but it was great to see us pull off a win. Boomer Sooner! Good job on this story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Taeam,
    Wow, your microfiction is amazing. It felt like you were writing about a real experience, and somehow you handled a very heavy and burdensome topic with delicacy and beauty. It was very poetic, and I felt like it would be read aloud in a one of those poetry cafes or something. It was awesome. also, your tweet ROCKS. I couldn't have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Taeam!
    Your story was so sweet. I love that you drew inspiration from a show that you watch. It is amazing how anything can inspire us. Your story really made me imagine what it would look like if I were actually watching it on a show, which is pretty neat because I pictured it very vividly. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Taeam! Your story was very relatable and I think that's why I liked it so much. I think its cool that you drew this story from a show that you were watching but made the story so that it can resonate with people who haven't seen the show at all by generalizing it. Of course I enjoyed your tweet too. Boomer Sooner! Texas Sucks!

    ReplyDelete