Friday, October 2, 2020

Microfiction: An Unexpected Friendship

 An Unexpected Friendship 

    There once lived a cat and a mouse in a house. They played chase & run every day. The mouse believed the cat wanted to catch and eat him and ran from him every day. What the mouse did not know was that the cat actually considered the mouse a friend. The reason for the chasing was that the cat wanted his owner to see that he hated the mouse and would not try to get another cat to replace him, that could possibly kill the mouse. 

Source: Tom & Jerry

(Old Twitter 140 characters)

    As expected, Kansas State University football team is 1-1 after games against Arkansas State and Oklahoma. 


-The first story is what I believe to be the truth of Tom & Jerry. When you watch the show with that on your mind, it will change your perspective entirely. The second story was a short tweet that is a bit sad. This past week, the OU football team lost to a 0-1 unranked Kansas State for the second year in a row. Kansas State had played Arkansas State, a FBS team, and lost. As a 3rd ranked team in the nation, it was quite an embarrassment for us to lose at home like that. I hope to see improvements from our football team and I still believe! 

(Image Information: Sooners blame no one but themselves; https://www.normantranscript.com/sports/ou_football/ou-football-sooners-blame-no-one-but-themselves-for-upset-loss-to-kansas-state/article_6ca03854-0051-11eb-b121-cbd65a45d9f5.html)


2 comments:

  1. Hey Taeam! I really like the first microfiction! It speaks to me very much so being that I grew up on cartoons like Tom and Jerry. I always also got the message that deep down, both characters sort of depended on their rivalry for entertainment, and probably even secretly appreciated one another. I think your short microfiction really does a good job of portraying that idea. I think this is an example of the idea that sometimes our actions have completely different motivations then what most people would assume. Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! this was a great read! I've never put much thought into Tom and Jerry but I'm sure this microfiction will change my perspective on the cartoon quite a bit. I'm not sure if this is something that had some kind of a source or your own imagination but it was great nonetheless. Speaking of the competition between Tom and Jerry, I totally agree with you that it was really disappointing for us to have lost to Kansas State. Let's hope we perform better!

    ReplyDelete