Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overeview

Between Narayana's Ramayana or the Public Domain Edition, I decided to go with the Ramayana Online: Public Domain Edition. I do not believe in spending more money than I already have to for school and anything free is music to college student's ears! Also, I actually prefer the older style writing when it comes to reading old folktales, so that was ultimately the decision maker for me. 

Comic books:
Heroes of Hampi: The Mythology of Kishkindha 
This caught my attention as the cover of the comic was of a four-armed king and queen riding a bull and a lion into battle with weapons in each hands, respectively, 
Kubera: The Lord of Wealth
Who doesn't want to read about a potential idiot Lord with too much money?

Videos: 
Harry Potter Meets Hindu
As a fan of the Harry Potter Series, this immediately caught my attention. How are you going to mix the two?
Indian and Greek
Greek mythology has always been one of my favorite topics to study and learn. 

(Image Information: Hayagriva restoring Vedas to Brahma which were taken to Rasatala; source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hayagriva_restoring_Vedas_to_Brahma_which_were_taken_to_Rasatala.jpg) I chose this image as it just looks unbelievably weird. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Taeam,
    I also thought the "Harry Potter meets Hindu mythology" was really cool! I love finding parallels between different stories, and wondering how they may be related to one another. The prophecy where Harry is to kill Voldemort when he is older is so similar to the prophecy where Krishna is to kill his uncle, Kamsa, when he is older. Even the parts where Voldemort tries several times to kill Harry prematurely but fails every time is similar to when Kamsa sends demons to Krishna as a kid but his plans get thwarted every time! There are so many more parallels between Harry and Hindu mythology, probably even more than we will ever know!

    ReplyDelete