Sunday, September 20, 2020

Microfiction: The Two Liars

On a cold winter night in January, Blake dislocated his knee dancing like an idiot outside of a bar while drunk. He ended up on crutches for three weeks and told all his coworkers at work that he did it by bending down to grab something from the freezer because he didn't want them to think he was a drunk maniac. As he was the vice-president of the company, he was relieved to see that people were shocked at how easily his knee was dislocated. However, the guilt and feeling of being a fraud started settling in as people continued to physically assist him and show immense amount of sympathy. (110 words)

One time, I gagged myself into throwing up during middle school PE class so I wouldn't have to run anymore during conditioning. (Tweet) 

Author's Notes:
I wrote these two short stories about lying out of situations because I have been in multiple situations like that myself. I remember waking up one morning pretty hungover from the night before celebrating a friend's birthday that I had to tell my boss that I was sick with food poisoning so I could go home early that day. The shorter story told in a tweet is actually a true story from my childhood. 

(Image Information: Idiots pass out drunk in the most ridiculous positions after the mother of all benders; https://www.thesun.co.uk/sun-men/9324540/idiots-drunk-pass-out-benders/)



No comments:

Post a Comment