Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Storybook Favorites

 

(Image Information: Hindu Gods in Video Gaming (2017) Source: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hindu-gods-in-video-gaming_b_2092715)

https://sites.google.com/view/epictwins/home

- Gods and Mischief in the story of Creation

-        As a lifelong Catholic, the story of Creation has always been interesting to me. The story, Gods and Mischief in the Story of Creation, intrigued me as it questions bit of the ‘perfectness’ of god with mischief. As it is believed that the devil in a snake form is how it all turned South for Adam Eve, it was interesting that the introduction implied that they would be encountering sets of twins that come from the pantheon of Indian literature. I instantly clicked on the story as soon as I saw it and decided this was going to be one of the stories I will be working on. I enjoyed the background photo of the website, as it was an old black/white painting of Adam and Eve on Earth.

 

https://sites.google.com/view/indralordofthunder/introduction

- Indra vs. Thor and Zeus

-        I recently watched an anime show called, ‘Seven Deadly Sins’, and the story had a beast from Hell named Indra. The topic of this story immediately captured my attention as I was looking for anything that peeped my interest. Indra is the Thunder God in Indian culture and it is equivalent to other mythological gods such as Zeus and Thor. Wow, how could I NOT choose this topic? I am a HUGE fan of ancient mythologies (Percy Jackson was my favorite book in middle school) and I could not have found a better story to work on.

 

https://sites.google.com/view/indianhorrorstories/introduction

- Horror in India

-        This caught my attention as the title was simple and a bit mysterious. The introduction was the gateway to a continuous story told in three different parts. There are cliff-hangers at the end of every story to keep the readers clicking to the next page. The background is horrifying as it depicts a four-armed goddess holding a human head by the hair and stepping on another victim’s body with one foot. Everyone loves a good horror story and this was more than able to keep my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment