Friday, August 28, 2020

Growth Mindset

It is not about how one falls, but rather how one gets up after falling. The human brain is a magnificent factor of our lives. How we interpret certain situations and apply certain logic, is how the human society functions. Personally, I have spent the last four years at the University of Oklahoma trying to grow and mature in the mind. Your attitude, motivation, and thoughts all base on your mindset. I once was an intelligent, but extremely lazy individual. School was a breeze up until I came to OU. When I first realized that I would actually have to keep myself on schedule and be responsible for studying and ultimately my own life, I was very intimidated. Trying to keep up the same mindset every day in order to motivate myself was not easy at first. I kept finding myself wanting to go back to my old habits and keep on letting the world rotate around me. At the end, the more I thought about my future and how I want to be successful in order to support those that I love in the future, the more I was motivated with a positive mindset. 
(Image Information: personal photo of my cat, Ziggy; photo taken October 2019)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Taeam,
    I think you brought up a simple (but easy to forget) point. Strengthening the mind and remembering to actively make the conscious decision to be better everyday can be harder than it sounds. Personally, it takes a lot of mental strength to force myself to focus and concentrate on a task, such as studying, without getting too distracted. Staying patient and positive is necessary for success.

    ReplyDelete