Friday, November 13, 2020

Microfiction

(Image Information: Beware of Ghosts https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/beware-of-ghosts-spooky-notebook-make-school-cool-notebooks/1133762591

Short Story

One cold evening, Arpit was on his way home in a subway from work. As he got off work late, Arpit was one of the last passengers on the subway just about every night. However, this night was different. As people existed the subway, more people seem to get on the subway, slowly filling up the space around Arpit. This did not make any sense as it was very late at night and the subway never filled up this late on his way home. Then suddenly, the train started slowing down and every person in the subway starting turning towards Arpit. Arpit slowly raised his head as he felt eyes on him. Then he saw, every person was staring at him with blank eyes. 

“Wha….”

Terrified, Arpit pushed his way through everyone and forced the door open and ran out. 

-End

Tweet

No one: 

Literally no one:

The ball when Russell Westbrook shoots: Aight, imma head out 

Author's Note:

The first story, my goodness, gave me chills down my spine. While writing the last few sentences, I could not stop shaking. Haha, I may be a weak-minded person when it comes to horror genre but I actually love watching horror films. They are actually my favorite movies to watch. I just wanted to write a story that has a bit of scare to it. The tweet is something I came up with while scrolling through Twitter. This form of meme is pretty popular and I thought Westbrook made the perfect fit even though he is one of my favorite players in the NBA.

3 comments:

  1. Taeam, both of these stories were excellent! I think we have all had a rendition of the first story in our dreams when everyone is staring at us like we did something wrong. I certainly have! The second story was short and to the point. Much too often the ball hits brick when Westbrook shoots and I think you relayed that beautifully. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taeam!

    I must be honest with you. These two short stories were great to read! I wasn't expecting your first story to turn out the way you did. Great job innovating such interesting writing! Also, you are not wrong about Russell Westbrook. Maybe it is for the best that he leaves Houston for a new home. There will never be a RW like the one from OKC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Taeam,
    I like that you decided to try out some microfiction. I just tried it out and enjoyed writing it myself. The first story was really good and to the point. I like the second tweet about russ westbrook. I am not his biggest fan, but I understand why some people are. Good luck this semester

    ReplyDelete